Traditional depiction of Black Guy
Prank Call Victim, Victim Soundboard
Unknown (possibly mid-thirties to early forties)
Black Guy (also known erroneously as Angry Black Guy) was originally a victim of a Joe Pesci soundboard prank call and was one of the very first (if not the first) prank victims to receive his own soundboard. He has since become one of the most popular victim soundboards of all time, being rivaled only by Duncan and perhaps Tom the Pissed Off Roofer or the Irate Black Man (TBG has appeared in one of IBM's prank calls before). His prank call with Pesci has also been considered by many to be one of the first celebrity prank calls ever released, since it first surfaced online as far back as 2001.
Black Guy is a tough-talking man who repeatedly threatened Pesci with violence and is known for using heavy amounts of ebonics, threats, profanities, and insults (including the words "motherfucker", "bitch" and "faggot") throughout his calls. He also has an affinity for insulting other's parents; for example, he called the prankster's mother a "motherfucker".
Black Guy is usually depicted as deceased rapper Notorious B.I.G., although some pranksters have used pictures of random black males to represent him in their videos as well. In spite of his considerable fame among the Soundboard Prank Call community, virtually nothing is known about this victim and no additional calls which could provide this information have been made to him, since the original call with Pesci.
He is also known by his other pseudonyms "Angry Black Guy" (although this is the name given to another victim entirely) and "Angry Black Gangsta".
Black Guy's "Banana boat" line is interesting, as Banana boat rides are very common in Barbados, possibly indicating that Black Guy was born in or has ties to this Caribbean island. "Banana boat" can also mean a gay cruise, possibly indicating that it was off-hand way of calling Pesci a "faggot". He could also be referencing Harry Belafonte's famous song "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)".
In the United States, and especially on the East Coast, the term is derogatory and refers to recent immigrants "just off the banana boat". The term was similarly used in the United Kingdom towards Jamaican immigrants during the 1960s and 1970s.
- "Who is dis?"
- "Who da fuck you talkin' to, motherfucka?"
- "Motherfucker, you don't know me!"
- "You know who you talkin' to, boy? You know who you fuckin' talkin' to?"
- "If you call...if you call mah fuckin' house again, bitch, I'm a-tell ya this: yo motherfuckin' ass'll get locked-up quick-faster than a heartbeat. Don't call mah fuckin' house no mo'. And I mean business, motherfucker."
- ''"Don't call mah fuckin' house!"
- "You'll get fucked up!"
- "Fuck yo head! I'll knock yo fuckin' head off yo shoulders!"
- "Motherfuck you! Don't calls mah fuckin' house with no bullshit!"
- "You kiss mah fuckin' black ass, dat's what da fuck you do, motherfucker."
- "I'll kick yo nerdy muthafuckin' ass! You don't know me y-you... whatever, you better go get da fuck back on da banana boat...and kiss some motherfuckin' body ass, dat's what you better do."
- "I'll tell ya what, motherfucker! Come on, put it! I'll tell ya where da fuck I'm at! Come on, put it! You won't put no motherfuckin' body else ta sleep!"
- "Son 'o mah bitch!"
- "I'll tell you what! You come, motherfuck...you come where the fuck I'm at in da mornin' muthafucka, you gonna come up missin' in action!"
- "I'll tell you what! You ain't gotta wait 'til tomorrow mornin'! Why don't you do it tonight, motherfucker? Tell me where ta come and I'll come on over there and you...you'll get your opportunity to do it tonight."
- "Good buddy, motherfucker."
- "You must be wanna die. You wanna die, motherfucker, get yo a gun an' put it to yo head and pull the trigger."
- "Boy, you wanna suck somebody's dick, you call some faggot. Don't call me, I'm a man, muthafucka."
- "You better go find you a faggot to play with, OK? Dat's what the fuck you better do."
- "Ya momma a muthafucka, that's who a muthafucka."
- "I don't give a fuck what you do!"
Original call to Black GuyEdit
- "A List of Prank Victims." Prank Victims Documents. N.p., 2009. Web. 15 Feb. 2012.