Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 – February 27, 2003) was an American TV personality best known for starring as the host of of the PBS kids' show, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood from February 19, 1968 until his retirement on August 31, 2001. He was also an ordained Presbyterian minister. He died on February 27, 2003 of stomach cancer at the age of 74. Reruns of his series could be seen on most PBS stations until August 29, 2008 and some have chosen to continue airing it independently of the PBS feed.
His soundboards are some of the few that contain absolutely no profanity, insults, vulgarity or even angry content whatsoever, instead being filled with quotes delievered in the warm, friendly and gentle manner that Rogers was known for, both on TV and in-person. Nonetheless, they are very effective for prank calls, because taken out of context, he sounds to victims like a complete weirdo calling them, often resulting in the victims becoming very irate.
- "Do you know who I am?"
- (as an answer to the above quote) "This is Fred Rogers."
- "Have you by any chance lost your kitty?"
- "Well, I have her."
- "Furry and brown."
- "Can you find the cat?"
- "There are no such things as real monsters."
- "Are there things that make you angry?"
- "What do you do when you're angry?"
- "Do you have ways of showing your anger?"
- "Ways that don't hurt you or anybody else?"
- "I remember one time some of our neighbors who were studying ballet dancing got dressed up to look like raccoons. One of them was a mother raccoon, and the other a father raccoon. And there was a boy raccoon and a girl raccoon, and they made up a dance about that family."
- "Do you know what a pediatrician is?"
- "When you were a little boy, what kinds of things did you like to do?"
- "What would you tell Lady Elaine, if you were talking with her right now?"
- "My grandmother Rogers taught me how to answer the phone."
- "I remember how kind she was to people, when they called her on the phone."
- "They probably felt really good after they had talked to her."
- "Have you ever seen anybody play the game called soccer?"
- "When I first heard about that game, I thought that people were socking each other. I don't like to see people hurting one another, but that's not what the game is! No, that's not what soccer is supposed to be."
- "Have you ever watched people using REAL heavy equipment?"
- "There aren't even any live dinosars anymore."
Soundboard prank callsEdit
- Mr. Rogers Prank Calls a Southern Lady
- Mr. Rogers calls about a Lost Cat
- Mr. Rogers calls a Business Woman
- Mr. Rogers calls a Crazy Cat Guy
- Mr. Rogers calls an Animal Shelter
- Mr. Rogers calls a Gangbanger
- Mister Rogers calls bar payphone
- Mister Rogers calls bar payphone again
- Ghost of Mr. Rogers calls a PBS pledge drive