|Officer Ed Powell|
Traditional Depiction of Officer Ed Powell
Prank Call Victim, Victim Soundboard
Police Officer or ancillary personel for the CPD
40s to 50s
Officer Ed Powell (also known as the Cleveland Cop and sometimes Lieutenant Gregory Stevens and Lieutenant Lascivious) is a police officer (or "editor") with the Cleveland Police Department, Third District. He was discovered by Xaozzz in 2012 when he used the Springfield Pervert to call the Cleveland Police Department. Powell is portrayed by a picture of actor Reginald VelJohnson, who has played numerous police officers in his career, most notably Carl Winslow on the sitcom Family Matters, and, more fittingly, Al Powell in the film Die Hard.
When Powell called the number back, he spoke to the Bail Bondsman and claimed that someone from that number had called the precinct several times "leaving lewd and lascivious remarks not only to us but for the Captain, and the Lieutenant here". He later attempted to intimidate Bail Bondsman claiming that the conversation was being recorded and that other officers were listening in. Sgt. Fields was then put on the phone, quickly turning the tables on Powell, and ended the call by ordering officer to stop calling the "victim".
A soundboard was later made of Powell and has been used to call numerous telemarketers, most notably Caribbean Cruise Line. In November 2012, MistahBlonde used the soundboard in a Toy Chest call to discover the Trenton Punks.
M. McDuck uploaded a series called "Ed Powell Investigates" featuring Ed calling various people in order to investigate the lewd and lascivious messages left at the police station. Ed, however, is a bumbling interrogator and will typically do things such as not completing his sentences, stuttering and calling everyone sir regardless of gender.
Ed Powell may in fact not be a police officer, according to the Cleveland Police Department's website, a man named Ed Powell is an editor for the CPD and apparently answers the phones on occasion, as evidenced in the call to him.
On May 21st, 2013, YouTube user; ThePrankXter, the supposed Xaozzz, uploaded a set of prank calls. The last call in the video was a call to the Cleveland Police Third District, where Ed Powell could be heard speaking to another presumed officer or employee.
Officer Powell charged with assault?Edit
On February 14, 2014, Cleveland Police Chief, Calvin Williams, announced that assault charges were filed Friday against CPD Officer Edwin Powell. Officer Powell was also charged with Menacing and Interfering with Civil Rights.
The charges filed resulted from an Internal Affairs investigation into allegations of misconduct by Officer Powell while he was working secondary employment. The results of the investigation then were presented to the City of Cleveland's Municipal Prosecutors Office. Edwin Powell pleaded guilty to aggravated menacing and was fined $500, the original assault charge was reduced to a misdemeanor.
Officer Powell retired in 2016 Edit
On September 1, 2016, Edwin Powell announces on his Facebook page that he retires from his job after 22 years of service at the Cleveland Police Department.
Today, I retired from The Cleveland Police Department after 27 yrs (5 yr military ) and one yrs in the Drop program...I want to say that it was good, bad, and sometime indifferent, but I enjoyed helping the citizens of Cleveland...truly enjoyed working with partners who were all different, and learned something about each and every one of them...now, The Lord has a different path for me, and I'll be all right..to my brothers and sisters..stay safe...take care****
- "Good afternoon. Cleveland Police Department."
- "Cleveland Police. Can I help you?"
- "You know you're being taped, and I got your numb-"
- "Yeah. This is the Cleveland Police Department."
- "We been-we've been tapin' from this phone number, uh, of area code 921-6672-4928. We've been taping the individual whose been leaving lewd numbers at the Third District here."
- la am le ah ... 'le am le ah na, I'm listening, uh, listen to what I'm saying sir.
- "This is the Cleveland Police Department. District #3, sir."
- "Ok, I don't know. We just received several phone calls .. from this number, ok? Leaving lewd and lascivious remarks not only to us but for the Captain, and the Lieutenant here. We've been monitoring and we've TAPED the number here.
- "Yes it- well sir we have it on tape that, uh, we had two calls coming from this number. That's why we called you back."
- "Now you said you were who, sir?"
- "Ok, what's your last name Fred?"
- "It's what?"
- "I beg your pardon, sir?"
- "Sir you- right now, uh, the only reason we're talking loud is because you havin' a feedback 'cause as I talk to you right now I can SEE the feedback bouncing back off the phone call that you, that you have."
- "I beg your pardon, sir? You know that this is the Cleveland Police that you're talking to."
- "Sir we're not mad. We're just trying to find out why we're getting these calls here at the Third District from this number."
- "No it's not Gregory Stevens, sir."
- "This is-this is the Cleveland Police Third District that you have."
- "Ok, ok .. thank you. (in the background) Yeah, uh, are ya'll .. ya'll listening to this? Ok."
- "Sir-sir, Mr.-Mr.-Mr. Curry. Do you realize, y-you do realize that this is the police department that you're talking with?"
- "You do realize that this is Lieutenant Gregory Stevens that you're talking with?"
- "Mmm, ok. Do you realize, just like I said before, that this conversation is being recorded?"
- "Well the-what we're havin' right now is, uh, we have, uh, the folks listening to this conversation, as we listen to you right now and we-"
"This is the Cleveland the Police the department."
- "Ok, well we're advising you now that you have, well, whoever called from this number has called this district several times and they have left thirty, uh uh, I'm listening, uh, listen to what I'm saying sir. We have several phone calls from this number."
- "Ok? That's why we were able to call you right back."
- "Well that's why we were able to call this number back."
- "Well sir, this is the number that I just called."
- "Uh, we're trying to see whose this individual that's calling this station here."
- "Ok ... (in the background) Ya'll, ya'll got- ya'll taping this, right?"
- "Sir, again we-we must tell you that you are being taped"
- "Ok, who's calling this number? Who is calling us at this district? That's what we wanna know."
- "Who is it-who is there with YOU Mr. Curry? Is there-is there anybody else that's calling?"
- (sarcastically) "Yeah, we heard you sir."
- "Ok, sir. Like-like I say, sir, there are several officers that are-that are listening to you and we're recording what you're saying."
- "Ok, who is this I'm talking to right now?"
- "Ok. This is, uh, ok this is Officer Ed Powell of the Cleveland Police Department."
- Ok. This is, uh, ok this is Lieutenant Gregory Stevens with the Cleveland Police Department.
- "We just had, uh, several phone calls FROM THIS NUMBER, ok? And the individual had, uh, were leaving le-lewd and lascivious phone convers- he was saying how he wanted to have sex with the officers and he also had, uh, other things .. he was threatening the officers. That's why were were able to contact this number and to call this individual back."
- "Say again, sir?"
"Yeah that's a that's a that's a tape of me. Here in Cleveland, Ohio."
- "Well .. this was called by us. This is the police that you're talking to and, uh, who are you again, sir?"
- "What's your-what's your phone number, sir?"
- "Eight, uh, area code two-one-six, two-five-two ... what's the other?"
- "Sir, I'm sorry. You said seven-zero what, sir?"
- "No, you said eight-one-six, two-five-two, and what's the last four digits?"
- "Sir, what is the last four digits of your number?"
- "That's a recording that was made of me three or four years ago by Anonymous. And every now and then, the way things have been goin', the tape has gone out."
Prank Calls Edit
|2012||A Cop Calls Bail Bondsman and Sgt. Fields||Xaozzz||Officer Powell||Original call.|||
|March 26, 2012||Telemarketer Revenge 43: Re-opening old wounds||Revolverocelot2501||Various|||
|May 9, 2012||Special Vengence 11: Pay your bills *not* (part the seventh)||Revolverocelot2501||Various|||
|August 21, 2012||Telemarketer Revenge 43: Re-opening old wounds||Revolverocelot2501||Various|||
|August 22, 2012||Cleveland Police investigate the "free cruise" scam||N/A||Caribbean Cruise Lines|||
|October 18, 2012||Officer Powell finally gets to the bottom of things||Gregory Stevens||Caribbean Cruise Lines|||
|November 10, 2012||Special Vengeance 15: Pay your bills *not* (part the tenth)||Revolverocelot2501||Various|||
|November 12, 2012||[calls from the Toy Chest] TRENTON PUNKS feat. Lt. Gregory Stevens||MistahBlonde||Trenton Punks|||
|December 7, 2012||Officer Curry Antagonizes Aisan Man||Gregory Stevens||Male victim|
|May 21, 2013||Incoming Call Prankshhh||ThePrankXter||Cleveland Police Department|||
|January 8, 2014||Officer Ed Powell/Lieutenant Gregory Stevens calls a Business||Carl Winslow||Male victim|||
|Again, we Must Tell you that Officer Powell has Been Taped||Dannyc9997||Officer Powell|||
|Officer Powell Can't Pinpoint It||Dannyc9997||Officer Powell|||
|Officer Powell Reaches a Coworker and Jake (Not from Statefarm)||Dannyc9997||Cleveland Police Department|||
|Officer Powell Calls the Cleveland Police Department!||Officer Rivieri||Cleveland Police Department|||
|Voice Call to Ed Powell & Soundboard Compilation! (+Deputy Martin Bonus)||Officer Rivieri||Officer Powell|||
|Is this Ed Powell||Officer Rivieri||Officer Powell|||
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Cop Calls Bail Bondsman and Sgt. Fields (xaozzz) on YouTube
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Cleveland Police investigate the "free cruise" scam on YouTube
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Officer Powell finally gets to the bottom of things on YouTube
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (calls from the Toy Chest) TRENTON PUNKS feat. Lt. Gregory Stevens on YouTube
- ↑ Telemarketer Revenge 43: Re-opening old wounds on YouTube
- ↑ Special Vengence 11: Pay your bills *not* (part the seventh) on YouTube
- ↑ Special Vengeance 14: Pay your bills *not* (part the ninth) on YouTube
- ↑ Special Vengeance 15: Pay your bills *not* (part the tenth) on YouTube
- ↑ Officer Curry Antagonizes Aisan Man on YouTube
- ↑ Incoming Call Prankshhh on Youtube
- ↑ Officer Ed Powell/Lieutenant Gregory Stevens calls a Business on Youtube
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tGfcwBja5g
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2L9OgVdWg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONEoaYYRwk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OowTujKXac
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXgduW9_5Q
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF2FIt-44bo