|Realm of Darkness|
A banner found on the homepage.
Prank Call Website
Realm of Darkness is a website dedicated to soundboard prank calls. They have an extremely large, if not the largest, collection of soundboards on the internet. Most soundboard prank calls originate from here.
In June 2012, the "Forum" section of the site went down for "maintenance", due to some upgrade problems that began a few days earlier. After a couple of days, the link to the forum was taken off the main page. Through email correspondence, the owner said that it is unknown whether the forum will be back, due to the loss of several important files necessary to run the software. The forum has yet to make a return.
In early 2010, Realm of Darkness removed their victim prank calls and victim soundboards from the site. This was the result of a series of prank calls known collectively as A Nightmare On Burton Street. Some of these soundboards were restored in a new section called "legends". Later on they renamed legends back to victims, changed their layout and restored the forums.
On the 24th September a cryptic post was made- a big surprise is coming! On the fourth of October a beta version of a new site design was released on soundboardcalls.com. It featured a cleaner design with a mobile version that would shift format when the mobile device is changed from portrait to landscape mode. It also featured soundboard apps and downloadable mp3s of soundboard quotes to be used as ringtones. On launch the content of the new features was low (two apps and only Arnold ringtones), but this was because it was only a test site and more content to expand was promised.
List of Realm of Darkness prankstersEdit
- Chuko - discovered Crazy Sick Old Man in the call Al Pacino & Arnold Schwarzenegger call a Crazy Sick Old Man in 2009.
- DemonmanX - discovered Angry Black Woman in the call Joe Pesci calls a Black Woman in 2009.
- Dontcallback, discovered Confused Old Man in the call Bill O'Reilly calls a Confused Old Man in 2010.
- The Drunk German - discovered AA Guy in the call Dr. Phil calls Alcoholics Anonymous in 2009.
- EFM, discovered Angry Mother & Son in the call Drug & Alcohol Lady, AA Guy and Jesus Lady call an Angry Mother & Son.
- Gabe B. - discovered Blockbuster Bitch in the call Biff Tannen calls Blockbuster; he later used her soundboard to call Pissed-Off Waitress in 2009.
- Lincoln Log - discovered Depressed Guy in the call Philly Thug Hotel Room Rampage and White Trash Girl in the call Black Guy calls a White Trash Girl in 2010.
- Love2Prank - discovered Harlem Homeboy in the call Black Guy and Philly Thug call a Harlem Homeboy in 2010.
- NinjaRygar - discovered Casino Man in the call Philly Thug calls a Casino Man.
- ThePhonePirate – Caller of Florist, Officer Martin, and Sgt. Libski call a Grocery Store.
- Pina Philly, discovered Alabama Redneck in the call Alabama Redneck Gets Prank Called and Philly Thug in the call High Redneck calls a Philly Thug.
- Prankforever2k9, discovered Rude Woman in the call Florist and Officer Martin call a Rude Woman in 2009.
- Professor Prank - discovered Liquor Store Guy in the call Drunk Guy, Philly Thug & Joe Pesci call a Liquor Store.
- Spliffy - discovered Angry Chinese Man in the call Black Guy & Joe Pesci call an Angry Chinese Man in 2010.
On the first of December 2015, a post was made explaining that due to the phase out of flash by Adobe, the catalogue of soundboards hosted on the site would be made redundant. Since there were still soundboards in the pipeline the site was set to continue posting through the beginning of 2016, which was dubbed the site's "farewell tour". The post cited the possibility of continuing making new content in the form of mobile soundboards but conceded that this would only happen if there was more interest in the format.
- RealmofDarkness.net, official website