Although the vast majority of victims, especially those only called on one or two occasions, simply believe that some lunatic dialed a wrong number and go about their merry way unaware of what is actually happening on the other end (in this case, ignorance truly is bliss), some of the more prolific victims have not only figured out what is going on, but several even have in-depth knowledge of the community as a whole. By far the most common way of victims discovering the community have been "snitches" - members of the community who turned rogue and tipped off victims, however, several also figured it out when they recognized their own voice on a soundboard. Some less common ways have been police reports and being tipped off by another victim, and some have even found out purely by accident. This article attempts to chronicle the most prolific victims who have some degree of knowledge about the community, as well as the depth of their knowledge and circumstances surrounding their discovery.
Those in the KnowEdit
- Angry British Hauler - Five months after the calls and initial upload of the video in which ABH featured, Officer Rivieri the prankster who discovered and promoted him, received messages from the victim on YouTube. He probably found it after researching 'Bail Bondsman prank calls' via Google. At first, ABH threatened to have the video removed by YT but after it appeared YT were not going to act, he changed his tone to one of pleading and, interestingly, detailed the lengths that some soundboard prank call victims go in the wake of harassing calls.
- Bail Bondsman - It is not known exactly how or when Fred figured out about the community, however it is suspected that he was either tipped off by an informant or discovered it for himself after recognizing his own voice. Regardless, once he began to display amusement toward the calls rather than annoyance, they slowed down tremendously, indicating that he realized that the callers goal was to get him to rage.
- Brenda, Jake and John - After being repeatedly called with a Chris the Hacker soundboard, John recognized DatBoys Data Recovery as the name of a local business. In an event captured on tape purely by accident, John went down to the shop to blame Chris for the calls, however, in a rare circumstance, Chris was actually able to convince John of what was really happening (most people to whom Chris attempts to explain the community pass him off as crazy). It is suspected that at this point John did some snooping of his own and discovered that his boss, Brenda, and her toddler son, Jake, had also been called and made into soundboards.
- Charles - A resident of Stilwell, Oklahoma, Charles became aware of the community after his soundboard was repeatedly used to call a certain other Stilwell resident to the point where he became convinced that it was actually Charles Duncan making the calls.
- Chris the Hacker - Although it is not entirely clear at what point Chris first became aware of the community due to his tendency to bullshit people into thinking he knows more than he actually does, one thing is for sure - as far as we know, he has far and away the deepest knowledge of the community of any victim. Chris not only knows several community members by name, but has possibly even met some in person. Additionally, he has attempted to post on our forums and may even know about this Wiki. His attempts at thwarting us have included attempting to get local and national news and law enforcement involved, tipping off other victims, and even spending hours at a time on the phone with us in an attempt to get us to accidentally reveal information he could use against us. Needless to say, none of it has worked, and, since going out of business in 2012, Chris has been out of the picture for quite sometime now.
- Dr. Frank Garrett - The first time Dr. Frank was ever called, he displayed a surprisingly in depth and mostly accurate knowledge of the community after a soundboard accused him of calling their business. Given that he shares his name with the most prolific victim we have ever had, the most likely explanation is that he discovered us accidentally by Googling his name, or had been called by other victims of the Duncan soundboard thinking it was him who had called.
- Duncan - Despite being called far more frequently than any other victim, the full extent of Frank Garrett's knowledge of the community remains a bit hazy. At times he displayed full competence of soundboards, victims, and callers and may have even recognized his own voice, and at other times he seemed to think that the calls were the work of an individual or very small group. Even other times be believed that the soundboards he was talking to were actually real people, though this may have been him playing along towards the end. The only thing that is certain is that he was very well aware that his name was used in the Nightmare on Burton Street incident.
- Harlem Barber - After being called for months, out of the blue, the Barber finally responded to a call one day with, "Harlem Barber's! Is this the Gay Florist?" indicating that he had figured us out. Since he has rarely been called since (and when he is he usually hangs up almost immediately), his exact depth or method of discovery is unknown. It is possible, however, that no informant was involved. Since a quick Google search for "Harlem barber(s)" will flood your results screen with YouTube videos, and this would not be an unreasonable thing to search for in that area, it's entirely possible that he was tipped off by a regular or potential customer, friend or family member, employee, or possibly even accidentally stumbled upon it on his own.
- Jackass Plumber - Since he went from very little to very much knowledge in a short period of time, it's suspected that he was tipped off by an unknown informant. Since then he has become well acquainted with us, and has on several occasions pulled up his own soundboard and used it to talk to us.
- Karen the Librarian - Another Stilwell resident, Karen discovered us on YouTube after calling the police following a bombardment of calls using the Duncan soundboard and recognizing Frank as a local. It is likely that this was Frank's own first exposé into the community as well, though this is unconfirmed.
- Redneck Roofer - He has stated several times that he has seen the Frank Garrett calls on YouTube, but seems to be under the impression that Frank is actually the one making the calls.
- Satanic Racist - Has threatened the callers, referencing certain users on various occasions, and apparently has known about his depiction online for possibly years now. A YouTube account by the name of "Tom Jones" has repeatedly sought information and threatened prank callers-it is assumed that this account belongs to the real Satanic Racist. The account had given an e-mail address, which only thoroughly outed the real identity of the Satanic Racist as Thomas H. Stanphill III. He has shown he is just as unintelligent as in the calls, as he is easily fooled into believing fortunecookiesucks (who never has called him to begin with) is a California sex offender named Darren McQuisten.
- Strip Club Bitch - After being called enough times to get enough decent lines out of her, she was called with her own soundboard. She immediately recognized her voice and panicked. Months later, when called by a Peter Griffin soundboard, she asked, "Are you going to put this up on YouTube again?" (to which Peter replied, "Yep!"). It is suspected that she was tipped off by an informant, as her calls were well-hidden enough that she would likely not have found them without knowing exactly what to search for.
Those Suspected to KnowEdit
- Rick The Mullet Man- Although being one of the most prolific prank victims of all time, his lack of response following the initial calls to him could indicate his awareness.
- CCL Larry- It is likely Larry had incite into the prank call community due to his job with Caribbean Cruise Line, however, later calls to his actual residence may indicate that he has some awareness of the fact his voice had been recorded and later used on his wife Rae.
- Gay Florist- In one of the final calls to the late Donald Rose on January 22, 2013, about one month prior to his death, when confronted with his own voice, the Florist intimated that he was aware of soundboard use and may also have been aware of the Prank Calling Community, saying "If you'd get off your recorder, that you have for tormentin' the hell out of people all over the United States, then we might see who's who."
Furthermore, in late December 2013, about five days before Christmas, some unknown person, apparently a close personal acquaintance of the actual Gay Florist---most likely either an employee of Foley's Florist & Gifts or a friend or family member---discovered the Soundboard Prank Calls Wiki and the articles about the late Mr. Rose and his business. After an unsuccessful attempt at blanking the offending pages (which was quickly reverted by other users), they took it upon themselves to instead, amend certain passages of the article about Foley's with some rather amusing, if snarky, commentary and insight. For example, after the passage about Indy the Great's call confirming the Gay Florist's death, he/she wrote: "That's interesting because we remember this call. We felt that there was remorse from this gentleman. Ah, we yet again were pranked. No remorse from pranksters."
And after the part about Xaozzz being the first to prank call the Gay Florist: "Being the first to prank call someone is something that would make a parent especially proud."
All of this seems to indicate that if the employees at Foley's weren't aware of the Prank Calling Community before, they probably are now.